Friday, February 11, 2011

A Two-minute Walk is Better than a No-Minute Walk

Today I got a wild hair, and decided to go for a walk at work. Now, I have never done this before, not even when my coworker suggested that we go for a walk. (I think my response was, “Ok, maybe later.” That is my code for: “No, I don’t wanna.”)

But today I was sitting at my desk with a few minutes to spare, it was sunny outside, and I felt like stretching my legs. So I ventured around the building, and noted when I left. I got back, and felt deflated, because I had been walking for a grand total of two minutes. I had thought it would take at least five. Boo.

And then I caught myself, because, hello: a two-minute walk is better than no walk at all! Small steps add up, but attempting lots of big changes all at once usually just makes me fall on my ass and slide back down the weight-loss hill.

So today, I am proud of my two-minute walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment